Google’s new report provides insight into how people use their devices. This report will provide an insight into how people interact with their devices and the world around them. The report aims to help marketers better understand the needs of their customers and create a seamless experience across devices that tell a story. The report in based on the behavior of 11,964 Google users who opted in for the study. The users were all residing in the US and were in the age range of 18 to 49 years.
This is what the report found
- People now expect answer to any query right at their fingertips. For a marketer this translates to more opportunities to engage with their customers.
- It was pretty much an accepted fact that smartphones have changed the world, so it is not very surprising that on an average day, ¼th of all users only use their mobile device. This is twice the number of people who use only a computer. So, a marketer who isn’t attempting to reach customers on mobile is missing out on a large chunk of potential customers.
- A large part of the day is spent on devices by most users. On an average, users spend 3 hours on their smartphones, 2 hours on their computers and around 1 hour 15 minutes on tablet devices. So, it is essential that marketers keep in mind the devices that potential customers are using and customize their message to fit those devices.
- Multi device usage is very common among users now. When at home, 21% of users use another device concurrently with their computer. And 57% users use more than one device daily. So, it is important that marketers provide a great experience to customers across all devices.
- Smartphone usage is consistent throughout the day and even well past midnight while computer usage goes up in the evening.
- 40% users use only their smartphones to search online. But on an average 25% users use multiple devices for search purposes. So, it is a must for marketers to reach customers through all devices.
You can access all insights of this study from Think with Google.